Definición de comet en inglés:
A celestial object consisting of a nucleus of ice and dust and, when near the sun, a ‘tail’ of gas and dust particles pointing away from the sun.
- Some explanations for extinctions and evolution include strikes by asteroids or comets.
- We have just discussed some of the positive benefits of planetary impact by comets and asteroids.
- There are vast numbers of comets in the solar system, more than there are asteroids, but most lie out of sight beyond Pluto.
- Example sentences
- Ease of accessibility is itself a natural resource and opens up the economic possibility of efficient exportation of asteroidal or cometary natural resources to Earth and other exploration targets.
- The Hubble Space Telescope captured a picture of starlit asteroidal and cometary debris encircling the yellow dwarf star HD 107146.
- At a distance of one light-week, our solar system is lost in the Sun's glare; even farther out is a collection of cometary objects called the Oort Cloud, depicted as a sphere one light year across.
Definición de comet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary