Definición de comity en inglés:
sustantivo (plural comities)formal
1An association of nations for their mutual benefit.
- The comity between Canada and the United States is testimony to the strength of liberal peace.
- It is, in essence, similar in approach to the agreement concluded with the United States, and takes the same approach towards comity.
- Secondly, that the undertaking was issued for reasons of comity between nations.
1.1 (also comity of nations) [mass noun] The mutual recognition by nations of the laws and customs of others.
- Working together, we shall ensure that this ancient, sacred land of ours regains its rightful place in the comity of nations.
- France was made to disgorge the enormous gains she had made under Napoleon, but there was no attempt to reduce her to a second-rate power and she was speedily welcomed back into the comity of nations.
- This is the cruel reality of what passes for an " international community " and the comity of nations…
2 [mass noun] Courtesy and considerate behaviour towards others: a show of public comity in the White House
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Considerations of comity arise in the one case but not in the other.
- They are the important considerations of comity and convenience.
- It would be nice if we could have some civility and comity for awhile; this is exhausting and mostly unproductive.
Definición de comity en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan