- 1A divine rule, especially one of the Ten Commandments: the Sabbath had to be kept as ordered in the Fourth CommandmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Indeed, this is an indication of the Divine nature of the commandments.
- This is a reference to Satan and his accomplices who try to creep up in the skies to overhear divine commandments.
- But I find the category of grave external sin against the sixth commandment too broad for the reasons I have stated.
- 1.1 • humorous A rule to be observed as strictly as one of the Ten Commandments: she had followed her mother’s commandments for long enoughMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was her husband who had instructed her concerning the commandment.
- know my youngest son, who yearns to join corporate America as a stock analyst, wants to live up to his Dad's commandment to do good things and make money without selling your soul.
- The Men Commandments: Three dozen universal rules and regulations for guys (minus the beer).
Middle English: from Old French comandement, from comander 'to command' (see command).
Más definiciones de commandmentDefinición de commandment en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.