Definición de commemorate en inglés:
- I have laid a wreath at the Cenotaph in Belfast to commemorate the British war dead.
- In subsequent years, the hour and day was set aside to commemorate the war dead of the Allied nations.
- So he argued against the rich being able to commemorate their war dead with ornate personal graves.
- I danced into the morning to celebrate the coming-of-age of young men and fell asleep in a dark hut while marriages and deaths were commemorated in song.
- I was born In The Summer Of '69, and a song was written to commemorate the occasion.
- He was awarded the Trinity Cross in 1978, his portrait adorned two postage stamps and six calypso songs were penned to commemorate his triumph.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She left me her journals and memories and pictures, and in 1980 I was not so much hung up as I was a commemorator and an appreciator.
- Its aim is to both inspire curious Poles and challenge the thousands of yearly commemorators at the concentration camps in Galician Poland.
- And even while the commemorators shared many ideas about civilization and progress, they followed their ideas of civilization and progress to widely divergent conclusions.
Late 16th century: from Latin commemorat- 'brought to remembrance', from the verb commemorare, from com- 'altogether' + memorare 'relate' (from memor 'mindful').
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.