Definición de commensurable en inglés:
1Measurable by the same standard: the finite is not commensurable with the infinite
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They encouraged practices and beliefs that were commensurable with a disenchanted outlook.
- But the Human Rights Act has also done an excellent job of promoting the idea that individual rights can be negotiated, because they are commensurable with other considerations.
- Because socialists demand the maximum freedom for individuals commensurable with the freedom of all.
2 (commensurable to) rare Proportionate to.
- The service of the members of the Committee is commensurable to the service of the Board of Directors.
- The salary given is commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate.
- The high-skilled IT specialists are not paid the salaries commensurable to the European ones because of the costs of life and the salary level in Ukraine.
3 Mathematics (Of numbers) in a ratio equal to a ratio of integers.
- Book five lays out the work of Eudoxus on proportion applied to commensurable and incommensurable magnitudes.
- The aim of Book X is to investigate the commensurable and the incommensurable, the rational and irrational continuous quantities.’
- In this he discussed whether the celestial motions are commensurable or, expressed another way, is there a basic time interval so that the day, month, and year are all exact integer multiples of it.
mid 16th century: from late Latin commensurabilis, from com- 'together' + mensurabilis, from mensurare 'to measure'.
- Example sentences
- The attempt to bind those fields closer together leads Herbert at times into inconsistencies that point up the difficulty of finding comprehensible commensurability across disciplines.
- Such language brings us back to Dimock's premise of commensurability, the law's exercise in abstractions that ‘assigns due weight to disparate things’.
- The last decade has seen many attempts to carry out multiple criterion synchronization without assuming such commensurability.
- Example sentences
- The contracted fees from the television station for the warm-up matches will be commensurably less.
- As the shares the candidates desire exceed 100 per cent, they will be reduced commensurably down to 14.3 per cent each.
- If Scotland qualify for the quarter-finals, the prices will be commensurably higher as the tournament enters its closing stages.
Definición de commensurable en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary