Definición de commination en inglés:
1The action of threatening divine vengeance.
- An agreement between God and Man, about the way of obtaining consummate happiness, including a commination of eternal destruction, with which the contemner of the happiness, offered in that way, is to be punished.
- The text begins with the morning prayer and ends with a commination.
- It was his job to save them and not to shake his head and thunder comminations.
1.1The recital of divine threats against sinners in the Anglican Liturgy for Ash Wednesday.
- And the terror of the covenant of works is increased by repeated comminations; and that voice heard, ‘cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them,’ Deut. xxvii. 26.
1.2 [count noun] The church service that includes the commination.
late Middle English: from Latin comminatio(n-), from the verb comminari, from com- (expressing intensive force) + minari 'threaten'.
Definición de commination en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia