(also commis chef)
sustantivo (plural igual /ˈkɒmi, ˈkɒmɪz/)
- A junior chef.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The contest brings together 24 invited countries from around the world, challenging 24 chefs and their commis to be judged by the most senior chefs in the world.
- I imagine chefs bully their commis now by shouting: ‘What's your motivation for this collection of ingredients?’
- And if the father is not a cordon bleu chef, he could still be a commis chef and clean the pots and pans.
1930s: from French, 'deputy, clerk', past participle of commettre 'entrust', from Latin committere (see commit).
Más definiciones de commisDefinición de commis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.