1An official of the Communist Party, especially in the former Soviet Union or present-day China, responsible for political education and organization: films that are passed by the political commissar
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are no aging commissars clinging on to party rule.
- In time of war the political imperatives of the commissar might become subordinated to the professional needs of the field commander, but the concession was only temporary.
- The code officer served as secretary and the commissar as prosecutor.
1.1A head of a government department in the former Soviet Union before 1946.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Again, people's commissars, like tsarist ministers, were heads of departments and belonged more to the bureaucracy than to politics.
- Under the able leadership of the old Bolshevik A.P. Smirnov, the commissar of agriculture, expertise and science were privileged over politics.
- He gave his commissar of enlightenment, Anatoly V. Lunarcharsky, two weeks to work out the details.
1.2A strict or prescriptive figure of authority: our academic commissars
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Again, there is no sense of writing to please commissars or to follow a set political agenda; this music unmistakably comes from the heart.
- The reason we are opposed to this law is that it is an extension of a very bad principle that turns police officers into commissars.
- They still have an irrational fear of the newspaper accusing them of being socialist commissars, but we are living in a different century.
Palabras que riman con commissaraargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: com¦mis|sar
Definición de commissar en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda