- 1A person or company undertaking to transport any goods or passengers on regular routes at agreed rates.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The policy covers accident while commuting between home and place of work, driving or riding in public or private vehicles, or while traveling as a passenger in a common carrier anywhere in the world.
- The carriage of passengers by common carriers is governed by their tariffs, filed with the government.
- Interstate transportation by a common carrier also may require it.
- 1.1North American A company providing public telecommunications facilities.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If these services are deemed a telecommunications service, he says, then cable operators must abide by the rules that govern common carriers.
- Not until 1910 would Congress find the political brain and muscle to pass the amendments to the Interstate Commerce Act that defined telegraph and telephone companies as common carriers required to send messages for any paying customer.
- Traditional telephone networks were required, because of their status as common carriers, to provide their service to all potential customers who could pay the approved tariffs.
Más definiciones de common carrierDefinición de common carrier en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.