- A seal with a mottled grey-brown coat and a concave profile, found along North Atlantic and North Pacific coasts.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Phoca vitulina, family Phocidae
- It mostly affects common seals, but also grey seals.
- According to the Scotsman, about 38 percent of the world's population of grey seals and 40 percent of European common seals are found in Britain, and of those about 90 percent breed in Scotland.
- The seal, which has been plundering fishermen's nets for years, is a grey bull seal, one of two in local waters, and far bigger and more voracious than the smaller common seals, which also live around the coast.
- An official seal of a corporate body.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So it was decided that the old seal should remain as the common seal of the council until a more satisfactory design was forthcoming.
- The king insisted that they have full power to treat, speak and agree on behalf of their communities, who accordingly delegated this authority to the M.P.s via letters of attorney sealed with the common seal.
- At the next community assembly in October, the bailiffs displayed the newly-made common seal.