- Why religious affiliation should be comparable to ethnic origin escapes me, however.
- His record in work that is comparable to what's on offer here is decidedly more mixed.
- It was a large wooden fort comparable to Disney's Magic Castle of today.
- I was expecting quality comparable with a DVD or Sky Digital, which we had in the UK.
- Bad mistake, comparable with that of the citizens of Troy who thought they were getting that horse as a bargain too.
- The team now aim to improve the quality of the tissue grown in the lab, to make it more comparable with that of a young animal.
Although the correct pronunciation in standard English is with the stress on the first syllable rather than the second (comparable), an alternative pronunciation with the stress on the second syllable (comparable) is gaining in currency.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was of special importance that staff in each section be counted in a uniform manner to ensure comparability of results.
- If more than one person is to carry out the fieldwork, in order to ensure a modicum of comparability of interviewing style, it is likely that semi-structured interviewing will be preferred.
- It also wants transparency and comparability on prices with all service providers required to publish average monthly cost to low, medium and high-end users.
Late Middle English: from Old French, from Latin comparabilis, from the verb comparare (see compare).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: com¦par|able
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.