- 1Evoking interest, attention, or admiration in a powerfully irresistible way: his eyes were strangely compelling a compelling filmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Both draw their power from the compelling image of the strongman posing as the common man.
- Despite these weaknesses, his film has many compelling moments with strong performances from the leading actors.
- Penn's acting is powerful, compelling and intense.
- 1.1Not able to be refuted; inspiring conviction: there is compelling evidence that the recession is ending a compelling argumentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His revelations of these falsehoods, fictions, fabrications and fantasies are backed by compelling evidence and cohesive argument.
- The ultrastructural evidence makes a compelling argument for this tumor being of salivary nonrenal origin, distinct from CCC.19
- The arguments are constructive with compelling evidence to support the claims.
- 1.2Not able to be resisted; overwhelming: the temptation to give up was compellingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The courts have widely recognized that remedying the present effects of an institution's past discrimination is a compelling interest.
- No credible person could dispute that having impartial judges is a compelling state interest.
- But there's a very compelling party interest, they believe, in unifying the party, so one candidate can carry the banner against the candidates.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He blends the fiercely committed performances into a cohesive whole and marries the theatricality of the text to its commitment to realism, compellingly evoking its atmosphere.
- No one ever used the word ‘daft’ so compellingly.
- Addictively readable, handsomely produced and compellingly intelligent, it offers a mirror not only for the 14th century but for our own disturbing times.