Definición de complementation en inglés:
2 Grammar All the clause constituents that are governed by a verb, nominalization, or adjective: information as to a verb’s complementation tells the learner about its meaning
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This paper describes the outcome of a project to code the complementation patterns of all the verbs in Collins COBUILD English Dictionary.
- Does the language student simply have to learn, by rote, which complementation patterns are associated with each verb in the language, or are there general guiding principles which account for the complementation patterns?
3 Genetics The phenomenon by which the effects of two different non-allelic mutations in a gene are partly or entirely cancelled out when they occur together.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Currently, we have confirmed a male gametophytic function for four of these genes through genetic complementation and/or the isolation of additional insertion alleles.
- Mutant m403 appeared to be slightly temperature sensitive for growth, but it proved too leaky to allow cloning of the wild-type gene by complementation.
- All strains were deleted for the endogenous pah1 gene to avoid complementation of transgene loss of function.
Definición de complementation en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia