verbo (complies, complying, complied)[no object] (often comply with)
- 1Act in accordance with a wish or command: we are unable to comply with your requestMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The government did not comply with the protestors' wishes in either case.
- I am a firm believer that relatives should try to comply with the wishes of their loved ones.
- One theory is that she may have refused to comply with his wishes, adding to his frustration.
- 1.1(Of an article) meet specified standards: all second-hand furniture must comply with the new regulationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The design of these vessels will be to the latest standards, and will comply with all relevant marine design codes.
- The companies would have to comply with training standards and safety procedures.
- The shipments must comply with welfare standards that have been developed by the ministry.