sustantivo[mass noun] chiefly Philosophy
The simultaneous presence together of properties or experienced qualities.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The theory relies on what James takes to be the experienced relations of sensible compresence and sensible continuity.
- But this is difficult to square with Maurin's claim that compresence is external to its terms.
- Each stage of the regress depends on the coherence of a compresence bundle at the next stage, ad infinitum.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The bundle theorist says that all particulars are (where particulars are your most basic ontological entities, and the things built up from them), are a group on compresent properties.
- In that case, to say that P is instantiated by x is to just say that P is compresent with itself.
- Therefore, a trope cannot be compresent with itself unless it is compresent with other tropes.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda