Definición de conative en inglés:
1 Philosophy & Psychology Of or involving conation.
- Attitudes are predispositions to act in a particular situation and involve three elements: cognitive, affective, and conative.
- It has to have some effect: political speech is conative or it is nothing.
- It enters into every form of thinking and into many of our conative and emotional attitudes as well.
2 Grammar Denoting a word or structure that expresses attempted action as opposed to action itself, for example at in he was kicking at the bicycle.
- Although they do not explicitly speak of an ingressive imperfect, they do mention the conative imperfect.
- Additionally, 'break' verbs may appear in the simple intransitive construction while 'cut' verbs may appear in the conative construction.
- In Greek, for example, the imperfective sometimes adds the notion of "try to do something" (the so-called conative imperfect).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan