Definición de concave en inglés:
Having an outline or surface that curves inwards like the interior of a circle or sphere: concave lenses Compare with convex (sense 1).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Galileo's telescope had a convex object lens but a concave eye-piece.
- The articular surface itself is concave, not convex as in many chelonioids.
- Depressions are concave regions on protein surfaces that have no constriction at the mouth.
late Middle English: from Latin concavus, from con- 'together' + cavus 'hollow'.
- Example sentences
- The cranidium in lateral view clearly shows the sutural edge, curving gently concavely inwards laterally, and despite breakage of the left fixed cheek, appears to show that the suture bisects the genal prolongation.
- The smooth external surface of the axial rings of the anterior seven segments in the thorax of S. pronus suggests that the thorax could be flexed strongly both concavely and convexly.
- This piece is a horizontal red rectangular form, with wavering edges and a top edge that curves in concavely.