sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
The theory that universals can be said to exist, but only as concepts in the mind.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus he was particularly devoted to figurative painting, championing it at a time when conceptualism and ‘art theory’ kept all painting on the defensive.
- One consequence of this conceptualism was the loss of a feeling for complexity in art - the richness of specification of traditional mimesis and the intriguing formal relationships of modernist art were often abandoned.
- What is probably the very first monograph ever devoted to Auriol deals with his conceptualism.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is this conceptualist self-reflexivity which is so often the sign of a postmodernist origin.
- By Lyons's definition, Cognitive Grammar would count as unashamedly conceptualist.
- Lest the conceptualists feel overlooked, I should mention Les Leveque's 2 Spellbound, an eight-minute version of Hitchcock's feature film Spellbound.
Definición de conceptualism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.