sustantivo (plural conchies)British • informal , • derogatory
- A conscientious objector: they were all conchies and socialists and they kept on about negotiating an end to the warMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In that period, there was huge public hostility to the conchies (conscientious objectors), who had refused to fight.
- A few years ago, the historian Andrew Roberts earned my undying contempt by alleging, on live national radio, that I was the ‘kind of person who'd have been a conchie’ in the Second World War.
- "Conchies" already employed by the government have been denied promotion.
First World War: abbreviation.
Más definiciones de conchieDefinición de conchie en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.