- It is particularly favoured as an invariant series by which information can be organized in catalogues, concordances, dictionaries, directories, encyclopedias, indexes, and the like.
- In the 20th century Oxford produced computer-generated concordances to the early texts of individual plays under the supervision of T. Howard-Hill.
- It is just as easy to access dictionaries, concordances and lexicons, the program having simultaneously located all references to your passage in the books included in your search.
- The concordance between the earlier physiological study and present morphometric investigation is reassuring, given the number of assumptions of the latter.
- Many of the exercises, however, require both partners' presence, and this will, obviously, increase the concordance of both partners' reports.
- Such comparative analyses can provide important information about the concordance of genomic, functional, and evolutionary classifications.
- But it is well recognised that twin concordances may be misleading unless the underlying prevalence of a disease is taken into account.
- In contrast, for those who developed the disease earlier than age 50, further data analysis disclosed there was greater genetic concordance in the MZ twins.
- In 1977, Folstein and Rutter published the first twin study in autism and showed that the concordance rate in identical twins was very much higher than in non-identical twins.
verbo[with object] (often as adjective concordanced)
- In COMPUTING, a comparable list of the words in a text or CORPUS of texts, created by means of a concordancing program.
- Longman Mini Concordancer asks automatically for word or phrase to concordance.
- Heuristics can enable one to concordance. even a large corpus.
Late Middle English: from Old French, from medieval Latin concordantia, from concordant- 'being of one mind' (see concordant).
Palabras que riman con concordanceaccordance, discordance
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: con|cord|ance
Definición de concordance en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.