(also concours d'élégance /ˌdɛleɪˈgɒ̃s/)
sustantivo (plural igual)
- An exhibition or parade of vintage or classic motor vehicles in which prizes are awarded for those in the best or most original condition: [as modifier]: condition is what counts: a concours Mark 1 will fetch more than a ropy Mark 2 six years its juniorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A number of the ever-popular MGBs will come under the hammer, including a concours 1973 Roadster (estimate: £7,500 - £8,500) and a 1974 ‘chrome bumper’
- But unless you are in high school, or at a tailgate party before a football game, or at a classic car concours d' elegance, parking lots are not the kind of place you want to hang around.
- And what sort of landowner would refuse to play host to a concours d' élégance at which owners of magnificent chariots - Lagondas, Delages, Rolls-Royces - could admire each other's turnout?
French, 'contest (of elegance)'.
Más definiciones de concoursDefinición de concours en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.