Definición de conductivity en inglés:
sustantivo (plural conductivities)[mass noun]
1 (also electrical conductivity) The degree to which a specified material conducts electricity, calculated as the ratio of the current density in the material to the electric field which causes the flow of current.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Measured data may include electrical properties of the volume of interest such as conductivity and dielectric constant.
- As more salts are dissolved in the water, however, its conductivity increases and currents begin to flow.
- The final choice of heat-sink materials depends on several material properties such as cost, electrical conductivity, thermal expansion coefficient, and outgassing.
1.1 (also thermal conductivity) The rate at which heat passes through a specified material, expressed as the amount of heat that flows per unit time through a unit area with a temperature gradient of one degree per unit distance: they constructed models from two materials with different thermal conductivities
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, new, more precise design methods will be needed to address both the application of brittle composite materials and the integration of intricate cooling schemes for a wide range of material thermal conductivities.
- When welding commercial coppers and lightly alloyed copper materials with high thermal conductivities, the type of current and shielding gas must be selected to provide maximum heat input to the joint.
- Presenting data for two cases of solvents with rather different heat conductivities demonstrates the applicability of the model.
Definición de conductivity en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda