- Lash a few beers into them though and they become braggers of the highest order and will admit and confess to the crimes they have committed.
- In developing countries, nearly 60 per cent of the people who confess to committing crimes are innocent, as they do so to escape torture.
- They were and are still being tortured to confess to crimes they did not commit.
- When we had come home tonight, I had reluctantly confessed to my two siblings that I really didn't want to sleep alone in my room.
- In a survey of 1000 adults, almost half confessed to using texts to avoid ‘conversational niceties’.
- More than half of people quizzed confessed to avoiding wines whose names they could not pronounce.
- The son of a Jewish rabbi who moved to Berlin to serve the Reform Congregation, he himself confessed no religious faith as an adult.
- With art but little transgressive argument, she makes the purpose (to confess her faith) concrete.
- Hands are not to be laid on a deacon who has been imprisoned for confessing the faith, says the text; he is a presbyter by that fact.
- She believed that when she confessed her sins to the priest that she was in fact confessing to God who was listening and could forgive her for those sins.
- The priest unseen, behind the partition asks, ‘Do you have any sins to confess my son?’
- I'm not a priest do not confess your sins and transgressions to me.
- He observes that there are a number of confessions that are particularly curious - one being that the high priest confesses the sins of his family, all of the Kohanim, and the entire Jewish People.
- Here, bound hand and foot they were thrown into an old wooden house; a priest confessed them, and he solemnly declared that they were innocent of the crime for which they suffered.
- After a short homily, the priest confessed her in the presence of the villagers and sentenced her to an annual pilgrimage to Chartres.
Late Middle English: from Old French confesser, from Latin confessus, past participle of confiteri 'acknowledge', from con- (expressing intensive force) + fateri 'declare, avow'.
Palabras que riman con confessacquiesce, address, assess, Bess, bless, bouillabaisse, caress, cess, chess, coalesce, compress, convalesce, cress, deliquesce, digress, dress, duchesse, duress, effervesce, effloresce, evanesce, excess, express, fess, finesse, fluoresce, guess, Hesse, impress, incandesce, intumesce, jess, largesse, less, manageress, mess, ness, noblesse, obsess, oppress, outguess, phosphoresce, politesse, possess, press, priestess, princess, process, profess, progress, prophetess, regress, retrogress, stress, success, suppress, tendresse, top-dress, transgress, tress, tristesse, underdress, vicomtesse, yes
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: con|fess
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.