- 1An arrangement of parts or elements in a particular form, figure, or combination: the unrepeatable configuration of the stars at the moment of your birth the broad configuration of the economy remains capitalistMás ejemplos en oraciones
arrangement, layout, geography, design, organization, order, ordering, array, presentation, grouping, sorting, positioning, disposition, marshalling, ranging, alignment; shape, form, appearance, formation, structure, format; contours, lines, outline, silhouette, profile; cut, pattern, mould
- The 767 will accommodate any combination of these configurations.
- A friend of mine goes with the theory that there is no self, rather that he is a configuration of infinite diverse elements in a state of constant change.
- Some like a particular configuration of landscape elements, others don't.
- 1.1 Computing The arrangement or set-up of the hardware and software that make up a computer system: the PC comes with a removable hard disk drive as part of the standard configurationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In principle, there may be several architectural solutions involving different network, software, and hardware configurations.
- Software and hardware configurations keep most of the intruders at bay, but being able to recognise abnormal activity when it occurs seems to be the best method.
- Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations.
- 1.2 Chemistry The fixed three-dimensional relationship of the atoms in a molecule, defined by the bonds between them. Compare with conformation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A nucleophile is any negative ion or neutral molecule whose electronic configuration consists of at least one unpaired electron pair.
- He demonstrated that the most stable configuration for some molecules was some intermediary structure between two other structures.
- The electron configurations of atoms are how the electrons are distributed among the principal energy levels, sublevels, and orbitals.
- 2 Psychology another term for gestalt.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Psychologists who work with children, adolescents, couples and families often include various configurations of individuals in their work.
- After a separation or divorce, social configurations change, making feelings of loss and loneliness more intense.
- Participants were also asked about the percentage of their time engaged in different types of therapy configurations.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For systems undertaking rare configurational transitions, a more meaningful estimate of order parameters can be performed by averaging data using blocks of configurations not containing the transitions.
- This is a proof for the presence of small energetic deeps within large ones, consistent with a hierarchical organization of the configurational space.
- Shall we conclude, then, that three-quarters of a century of warfare between associationist and configurational learning theories taught us little or nothing about the real nature of learning?
mid 16th century (denoting the relative position of celestial objects): from late Latin configuratio(n-), from Latin configurare 'shape after a pattern' (see configure).