Definición de conform en inglés:
- Because such publications do not conform to any standardized rules, this information is not computer readable.
- And, like many other populist legal actions, it doesn't conform with our ideal of justice - the rule of law.
- Prosecutors scaled back the number to eight to conform to new rules calling for swifter trials.
- He accepts he does not conform to the public school or Oxbridge stereotype, as he was brought up on a council estate in Dringhouses and educated at Millthorpe School.
- In exchange, they must conform to extensive social and environmental criteria.
- But then life is so much easier when we imagine that people conform to a stereotype.
- The performers of the reading were uniformly matched and admirably conformed to the director's wishes in under six hours of rehearsal making the event memorable.
- His description of the height and build of the person does not conform to the height and build of the appellant at the relevant time.
- Meanwhile, he himself can slag people off just because they don't conform to his narrow vision of what constitutes a Brit.
form from Middle English:
Form goes back to Latin forma ‘a mould or form’, and is an element in many English words such as conform (Middle English) make like something else; deform (Late Middle English) ‘mis-shape’; and reform (Middle English) ‘put back into shape’. Formal (Late Middle English) originally meant ‘relating to form’, and developed the sense ‘prim, stiff’ in the early 16th century. Format (mid 19th century) came via French and German from Latin formatus (liber) ‘shaped (book)’. Formula (early 17th century) was in Latin a ‘little form’ and was at first a fixed form of words used in ceremonies. Use in chemistry is from the mid 19th century.
Palabras que riman con conformcorm, dorm, form, forme, haulm, lukewarm, Maugham, misinform, norm, outperform, perform, shawm, storm, swarm, transform, underperform, warm
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.