Definición de conformal en inglés:
(Of a map or a mathematical mapping) preserving the correct angles between directions within small areas (though distorting distances).
- He also obtained important results on conformal mappings showing that angles were preserved on the boundary almost everywhere.
- His doctoral thesis is an important contribution to conformal mappings of multiply connected plane domains.
- He is also known for applications of the kernel function to conformal mappings.
- Example sentences
- Although he had given a proof of the theorem that any simply connected region of the plane can be mapped conformally onto a disc, his proof involved using the Dirichlet problem.
- He also studied polynomials, now named after him, which approximate a function that conformally maps a given simply-connected domain onto a disc.
- Surprisingly, classical string theory dynamics is described by a conformally invariant 2D quantum field theory.
Definición de conformal en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary