- (Of a map or a mathematical mapping) preserving the correct angles between directions within small areas (though distorting distances).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He also obtained important results on conformal mappings showing that angles were preserved on the boundary almost everywhere.
- His doctoral thesis is an important contribution to conformal mappings of multiply connected plane domains.
- He is also known for applications of the kernel function to conformal mappings.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although he had given a proof of the theorem that any simply connected region of the plane can be mapped conformally onto a disc, his proof involved using the Dirichlet problem.
- He also studied polynomials, now named after him, which approximate a function that conformally maps a given simply-connected domain onto a disc.
- Surprisingly, classical string theory dynamics is described by a conformally invariant 2D quantum field theory.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'conformable'): from late Latin conformalis, from con- 'together' + formalis 'formal'. The current sense was coined in German.
Más definiciones de conformalDefinición de conformal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.