Definición de conformist en inglés:
1A person who conforms to accepted behaviour or established practices: organizations where employees are loyal without being unthinking conformists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The minivan's entire image problem is quite the opposite: that some people - a lot of people - see it as signifying that you're an unthinking conformist.
- Those who are in revolt against society are conformists; they reject one form of conformity and accept another form of conformity.
- If you look back on the 20th-century, I don't know who was worse: the fanatics or the conformists?
1.1British historical A person who conforms to the practices of the Church of England.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, English Protestant conformists had a further problem, for their Church, overseen by the sovereign and a clerical hierarchy, was open to the charge of not being sufficiently reformed.
- Clashes between conformists and Puritans resulted in the suppression of the organized Presbyterian wing of Puritanism by 1591, but the impact of Puritans on the Church at a local level remained enormous.
- He notes the struggle during Elizabeth's reign between committed Protestants and the majority of conformists, the latter often unsympathetic to Protestant doctrines if, indeed, they understood them.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Conforming to accepted behaviour or established practices; conventional: the poet became more conformist in his later years
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Reciprocally, conformity theory predicts that spiritual experiences in turn reinforce conformist beliefs and practices.
- We bought it Sunday afternoon; Sunday evening, we cooked a beef roast, because we're such conformist traditionalists.
- I think there is more often than not a routine that takes place between improvisers that is more conformist and restrictive than they would ever imagine or admit to.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's one of those untransportable American plays that, in rejecting social conformism and political correctness, ends up celebrating anything dysfunctional.
- Multiculturalism can be invoked by minority groups to attack the conformism and conservatism of the larger society, and to pressure it to accept the new realities of openness and pluralism.
- Authentic existence is a breaking free from the conformism and conventions of the everyday that we are thrown into.
Palabras que riman con conformistreformist
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda