- 1Compliance with standards, rules, or laws: conformity to regulations the goods were in conformity with the contractMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The State must evolve a legal framework for development of tourism in conformity with international standards, and create conditions for the promotion of cultural tourism.
- The staff expressed the hope that the administration and governing board would act in conformity with these standards.
- In the first place. it is for the legislature to ensure that national legislation is in conformity with the rules of the Convention.
- 1.1Behaviour in accordance with socially accepted conventions: a word of praise or an encouraging smile provide rewards for conformity to social normsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Religion supports ‘personal morality’ and willing conformity to social conventions and traditions.
- A prevailing style of dress has become known as being ‘in fashion’, but fashion has been described as a tyrannically democratic force, enforcing conformity to current social or moral conventions.
- Children receive rewards for conformity to group behaviour and they are punished for dissension.
- 1.2British • historical Compliance with the practices of the Church of England.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus, political considerations generally took priority over religious conformity: Gaelic translations of the Bible and Book of Common Prayer only appeared after Elizabeth's death.
- Despite this repression, which did bring about conversions and considerable outward conformity, many Protestants continued to practice their faith in secret.
- Whereas the first Lord was a Church Papist, externally compliant with the law of conformity, Sir William II was twice presented for Catholic recusancy.
- 1.3Similarity in form or type; agreement in character: these changes are intended to ensure conformity between all schemesMás ejemplos en oraciones
similarity, likeness, alikeness, resemblance, similitude; correspondence, correlation, matching, congruity, congruence, consonance, coincidence, compatibility, concurrence, agreement, harmony, accord, equivalence; comparability, comparableness, comparison, parallelism, mapping, parity, analogy, affinity, closeness, nearness; sameness, identity, identicalness, uniformity, symmetry• archaic semblance
- Shower trays come in an array of dimensions from square, rectangular and quadrant for corner units with coinciding shower enclosures to ensure conformity in the bathroom.
- In any case, the current study clearly suggests that identification of any forces favoring vocal conformity in parakeets should be a top priority for subsequent work.
- There needs to be some conformity between this legislation and what other departments are involved in.
late Middle English: from Old French conformite or late Latin conformitas, from conformare 'to form, fashion' (see conform).