- The State must evolve a legal framework for development of tourism in conformity with international standards, and create conditions for the promotion of cultural tourism.
- The staff expressed the hope that the administration and governing board would act in conformity with these standards.
- In the first place. it is for the legislature to ensure that national legislation is in conformity with the rules of the Convention.
- Religion supports ‘personal morality’ and willing conformity to social conventions and traditions.
- A prevailing style of dress has become known as being ‘in fashion’, but fashion has been described as a tyrannically democratic force, enforcing conformity to current social or moral conventions.
- Children receive rewards for conformity to group behaviour and they are punished for dissension.
- Thus, political considerations generally took priority over religious conformity: Gaelic translations of the Bible and Book of Common Prayer only appeared after Elizabeth's death.
- Despite this repression, which did bring about conversions and considerable outward conformity, many Protestants continued to practice their faith in secret.
- Whereas the first Lord was a Church Papist, externally compliant with the law of conformity, Sir William II was twice presented for Catholic recusancy.
- Shower trays come in an array of dimensions from square, rectangular and quadrant for corner units with coinciding shower enclosures to ensure conformity in the bathroom.
- In any case, the current study clearly suggests that identification of any forces favoring vocal conformity in parakeets should be a top priority for subsequent work.
- There needs to be some conformity between this legislation and what other departments are involved in.
Late Middle English: from Old French conformite or late Latin conformitas, from conformare 'to form, fashion' (see conform).
Palabras que riman con conformitydeformity, enormity, multiformity, uniformity
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: con|form|ity
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.