sustantivo (plural confraternities)
- A brotherhood, especially with a religious or charitable purpose.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, clergy gave no encouragement to lay organisations such as religious confraternities or voluntary societies.
- A host of new religious orders and lay confraternities were founded to preach, teach, tend the sick, and care for the poor.
- Unlike their precursors, these new cycles focused almost exclusively on the founders or ideological leaders of the various religious orders or confraternities.
late Middle English: from Old French confraternite, from medieval Latin confraternitas, from confrater (see confrère).
Más definiciones de confraternityDefinición de confraternity en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.