Able or liable to be confused with something else: convocation was by 1327 no longer confusable with parliament
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They can also print out labels for farmers to earmark boxes for individual sites and distinguish potentially confusable products, and member invoices to help managers at each drop-off site assemble orders.
- According to his model for discrimination learning, such highly confusable trials should make it difficult for testing of strategies, resulting in matching.
- Conversely, questions with confusable alternatives remained harder than questions with less confusable alternatives even after participants were given the opportunity to change their answers.
A word or phrase that is easily confused with another in meaning or usage, such as mitigate, which is often confused with militate.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One place to find eggcorns is in the usage dictionaries and in other inventories of ‘confusables’ (or ‘confusibles’, depending on who you read).
- Take a special tip from the publisher and check out the ‘common confusables’ section - it is bound to be entertaining, if not enlightening.
- It helps out with confusables, such as infer and imply, and how their meaning is changing as a result of that confusion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Both experiments revealed qualitatively different errors produced by speeded responding versus confusability amongst the alternatives; revision completely corrected the former, but had no effect on the latter.
- However, each language has its own possibilities for orthographic confusability and variability, especially those languages lacking a standard orthography.
- High correlations were found between the confusability of object categories and the confusability of brain activity maps.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: con|fus¦able
Definición de confusable en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda