Definición de confute en inglés:
verbo[with object] formal
Prove (a person or an assertion or accusation) to be wrong: restorers who sought to confute this view were accused of ignorance
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He has argued to the contrary, but the evidence confutes him.
- He confutes this argument saying ‘You find valuable things in places were no one else has searched.’
- Our exclusive exit poll of the Democratic primary confutes the conventional wisdom about why Gotham's voters vote as they do.
early 16th century: from Latin confutare 'restrain, answer conclusively', from con- 'altogether' + the base of refutare 'refute'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He quotes without confutation the assertion that ‘the globe may be surveyed and history may be reviewed in vain for any evidence of a considerable country in which want can be fairly attributed to an increasing population.’
- Thus he deploys a vivid confutation of justification by works, even by the fervent ‘Sacrifice’ he has described in line 5.
- When the child died a few days after, the prophet was abashed, and quite unable to account for this summary confutation.
Palabras que riman con confuteacute, argute, astute, beaut, Beirut, boot, bruit, brut, brute, Bute, butte, Canute, cheroot, chute, commute, compute, coot, cute, depute, dilute, dispute, flute, galoot, hoot, impute, jute, loot, lute, minute, moot, newt, outshoot, permute, pollute, pursuit, recruit, refute, repute, route, salute, Salyut, scoot, shoot, Shute, sloot, snoot, subacute, suit, telecommute, Tonton Macoute, toot, transmute, undershoot, uproot, Ute, volute
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en España
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán