Definición de congress en inglés:
- In the past, disputes at Green party congresses were often vehement and passionate, although usually conducted on a very low level.
- At the same time, the party congress was instructive in exposing the political background of the latest round of anti-foreigner and German nationalist agitation.
- Hundreds of psychologists from all over the world attend our annual conventions, and hundreds of U.S. psychologists attend international congresses and other overseas meetings each year.
- As you know, I have spend most of week up on Capitol Hill covering the Congress.
- She could get seven years and says she plans to take her case to the United Nations and the U.S. Congress.
- The Congress of the United States and the president of the United States unite.
- Her next job was at Central Australian Aboriginal Congress, as a Child Health Coordinator.
- The National Congress of Indians provides national leadership on issues facing tribal communities throughout the United States.
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons exists to enhance health and improve lives worldwide through the advancement of education and scientific exchange.
- Violent husbands offer excuses that range from the wife not doing housework, her frequent visits to her parents' home, or refusing the husband's request for sexual congress.
- The dictionary says that ‘tupping’ describes what rams do to ewes but I first came across it being used in relation to human sexual congress.
- While society has thankfully moved on from the ignorant days when homosexuality was a crime, it is still against the law to indulge in any kind of sexual congress in a public place, and quite rightly so.
late Middle English (denoting an encounter during battle): from Latin congressus, from congredi 'meet', from con- 'together' + gradi 'walk'.
A congress once meant an encounter during battle: it is from Latin congressus, from congredi ‘meet’, literally ‘walk together’. Use for any ‘coming together’ is reflected in obsolete or archaic uses such as social congress, sexual congress.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As he made himself senator for life, he enjoys senatorial congressional immunity.
- The overall effect of the congressional tax legislation would be extraordinarily regressive.
- In the next cycle the focus will be on congressional and state legislature races.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For this year alone, the federal government has allocated nearly $30 billion for everything from the congressionally mandated overhaul of airport security to hacker-proofing software for government computers.
- The congressionally chartered Institute of Medicine is holding a public meeting today to begin an FDA-requested study of its safety procedures, and Congress is considering bills that would more aggressively address drug safety.
- And now that second label has been applied to a congressionally created commission split absolutely evenly between the two parties, and chaired by a Republican ex-governor selected by the White House itself.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.