Definición de conjunction en inglés:
1 Grammar A word used to connect clauses or sentences or to coordinate words in the same clause (e.g. and, but, if).
- Such words include pronouns, auxiliary verbs, conjunctions, and prepositions.
- The elaborated variety was alleged to have greater syntactic complexity, as evidenced, for example, by a greater proportion of subordinate clauses, conjunctions, etc.
- Parliamentary question time is full of wonderful examples of extended verbs, conjunctions and prepositional phrases employed to evade answering a question.
2The action or an instance of two or more events or things occurring at the same point in time or space: a conjunction of favourable political and economic circumstances he postulated that the Americas were formed by the conjunction of floating islands
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The conjunction of events marks a widening of the challenge posed by San Francisco's mayor, who last month authorised wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples.
- It is with us again thanks to the conjunction of two events, one here in York and the other of national concern.
- Obviously, in a high traffic area, such as the city gate, there is often a conjunction or combination of events that may be accidental, or, as in this case, designed to create an affect.
2.1 Astronomy & Astrology An alignment of two planets or other celestial objects so that they appear to be in the same, or nearly the same, place in the sky: the conjunctions and oppositions of the planets [mass noun]: the planet reached conjunction with the sun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In your natal chart, the conjunction of your Pisces sun with Saturn gives you a tendency toward worry to begin with, so this is a part of you that only you can work to overcome.
- The planets included a conjunction of Venus and Mars, the ‘rulers’ of the first house (the questioner) and the seventh house (the husband).
- We should now take a closer look at the quadruple conjunction of the planets in Capricorn and in particular, the Sun.
- Together: herbal medicine was used in conjunction with acupuncture and massageMás ejemplos en oraciones
together, jointly, conjointly, in cooperation, cooperatively, in collaboration, in partnership, in combination, as one, in unison, in concert, concertedly, with one accord, in league, in alliance, in collusion, side by side, hand in hand, hand in glove, shoulder to shoulder, cheek by jowlinformal in cahoots
- This section thus needs to be understood in conjunction with the chapter on process that follows.
- The European Election will be held in conjunction with the Local Elections in June.
- Apparently the mere suggestion of abstinence in conjunction with STDs is scaremongering.
- Example sentences
- One thing I'd like to have some feedback on is how the new magic system works, I have no idea how a lot less conjunctional magic (needing more than one sphere) will affect a game.
- Shown are conjunctional clusters in different groups of subjects, superimposed on the standard brain.
- Requirements of subject matter and personal jurisdiction are conjunctional, as both must be met before a court has authority to adjudicate rights of parties to a dispute.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan