- 1The hard, shiny dark brown nut of a horse chestnut tree.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a beautiful thing, the leather rich brown and shiny as a conker and trimmed with brass.
- An old date book, a leaf from a tree in Greece, a conker from Paris, a knife stolen from the Ritz, part of a love letter, etc. - all are carefully arranged to create the best effect.
- These ranged from the traditional knockabout with a conker on a string, to a conkernut shy, a play on the coconut version, and wingseed throwing.
- 1.1 (conkers) [treated as singular] A children’s game in which each has a conker on the end of a string and takes turns in trying to break another’s with it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Back at the cottage and among wine, rakia and music we played the traditional game of cracking one another's Easter eggs together, something like the game of conkers in England.
- Why can't the servants of the nanny state stick to outlawing other white-knuckle sports, like the games of conkers they've been targeting over the past few days?
- Or, out in the playground, compete in a game of conkers, marbles and - if you are up for it - hopscotch and skipping.
Más definiciones de conkerDefinición de conker en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.