Definición de conscience en inglés:
- Does God create human beings with a conscience and moral reasoning powers and then leave them alone?
- He could touch if he wanted to, and he did want to, so badly, but his conscience knew it was wrong.
- The common people, whose consciences are still alert, are the wheat.
science from Middle English:
Originally science was knowledge in general, or any branch of knowledge, including the arts, and the word is from Latin scire ‘to know’ (also found in conscience (Middle English) ‘inner knowledge’ and nice). The restricted modern sense of science, concentrating on the physical and natural world, dates from the 18th century. Science fiction was first mentioned in 1851, but this was an isolated use, and the term did not become common until the end of the 1920s, when US ‘pulp’ magazines (so called because of the cheap paper they were printed on) like Astounding Stories carried tales of space adventure. Before science fiction was coined the stories of writers such as Jules Verne were called scientific fiction or scientifiction.
in (all) conscience
- Given the fact that this is probably wrong; in fairness: how can we in all conscience justify the charging of fees for such a service?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How could the council, in all conscience, have made an application to cull knowing that the only method previously tried to control the geese was asking people in the park not to feed them?
- And where, in all conscience, should they move on to?
- Britain's fishing ministers should, in all conscience, have accepted the total closure of the North Sea for the protection of threatened fish stocks.
on one's conscience
- Weighing heavily and guiltily on one’s mind: an act of providence had prevented him from having a death on his conscienceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But you immediately chose Hell as the one to which yours belongs, so I'm inclined to conclude, sir, that something must weigh very heavily on your conscience.
- The matter weighed on his conscience heavily, but he knew no other way of dealing with it.
- The consequences of her actions weighed heavily on her conscience, but she refused to feel guilty.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The conscienceless exploitation of the disadvantaged is something that every decent American should be concerned with.
- One can no longer argue that human suffering is certain and preordained without being judged conscienceless, even inhuman.
- To all you knuckle headed, conscienceless conservatives out there, read my first post again and allow yourself to ask the obvious question.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.