Definición de consequence en inglés:
- There are two bigger pictures taking shape as a consequence of this result.
- In fact, twice as many people die in Britain as the result of cold winter nights as they do as a consequence of hot summer days.
- I do not see how the respondents can claim that they were successful as a consequence of the hearing.
- Are you going to be a great nation or a couple of forgotten islands of no consequence?
- In other words, you should barter what is of no consequence to you but may be of value to others.
- It is of no consequence that the switch of domination occurred after rugby turned professional.
- She marries a respectable Dutch merchant in London and subsequently lives as a person of consequence in Holland.
- He was clearly of consequence but his hold on power was precarious.
- Both serving and retired soldiers were persons of consequence in their communities.
- My family's been playing consequences for years.
- This would include ‘a parent inventing a bedtime story or a child playing consequences at a birthday party.’
- The groups used their creative imaginations and played a game of 'consequences' to create drawings and models of creatures such as reptiles, insects, birds and fish.
sequel from Late Middle English:
The earliest use of sequel was ‘a band of followers’. Latin sequi ‘to follow’ is the source, seen also in consequence (Late Middle English) and sequence (Late Middle English), and perhaps in the root of see. Sequel developed the senses ‘what happens afterwards’ and ‘the remaining part of a story’ in the early 16th century. In the 1970s it inspired the prequel, which portrays events that precede those of an existing completed work. From music comes segue [M18] from Italian seguire from sequi. It was originally an instruction in classical music to continue to the next movement without a break, but is now more often found used of moving from one recorded song to another without a break.
- As a result: he died in consequence of injuries sustainedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Haven't I been present as a student at many operations which ought never to have been done, and in several cases the patient has died in consequence?
- And in consequence, letters became an absolutely key means of communication.
- If they are unwilling to do that, and in consequence cannot find the workers they need, then they have no-one to blame but themselves.
take (or bear) the consequences
- Accept responsibility for the negative results or effects of one’s choice or action: you acted on your own initiative, and you will take the consequencesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I want him to face up to his responsibilities and take the consequences of his actions.
- Those who want to replace peace with confrontation will also take the responsibility and bear the consequences.
- Having made the choice for her, the parents should bear the consequences.
Palabras que riman con consequenceobservance • sequence
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.