- 1Following as a result or effect: a loss of confidence and a consequential withdrawal of fundsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- However, the authors caution against prolonged use of any substance that could lead to a decreased intake of milk with consequential nutritional adverse effects.
- I think it is very, very important that when you put a particular amendment, you clearly spell out, prior to the voting, what the consequential effect will be on voting for that amendment.
- The effluents from this factory have been shown to impact the surrounding environment, with the consequential adverse effects on food and water.
- 1.1 Law Resulting from an act, but not immediately and directly: consequential damagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It thus became the norm to bring case where the negligence of the defendant produced either immediate or consequential damage.
- Clause 19.4 excludes all liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage on the part of either party.
- If in the event of a correspondent bank's lapse the customer's bank or the correspondent itself is to be made liable, either at common law or by statute, the issue of consequential damages must be faced up to.
- 2Important; significant: the new congress lacked consequential leadersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Voters knew the stakes - polls showed majorities thought this was an important and consequential election - and both candidates had plenty of opportunity to make their cases.
- The answers to these and other important questions are monumentally consequential with respect to both prevention and intervention efforts.
- But in the absence of intrepid investigative reporting and editorial courage, they smothered the audience in inconsequential material about the most consequential of topics.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the noose and lifeline metaphors dramatize the in-culture ‘factness’ of much writing, its consequentiality, rather than the seductive pleasures of its speculative realm.
- In the logic of consequentiality as they define it, ‘human behavior is driven by preferences and expectations about consequences.’
- In answer to this dilemma, his claim about consequentiality can be read as a claim about the contingency of musical relations: they arise during the musical experience.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Proponents of intelligent design take comfort in the idea that nature has been directed and that, consequentially, human beings are not the result of a random series of genetic accidents.
- Perversely this album recalls neither the studied club groove nor the agreeably dark pop embraced by its predecessor, and consequentially sounds strangely more accessible.
- We are detached from the characters and consequentially any moral or political dilemmas they might represent don't make themselves felt as an experience of watching the film.