sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
The doctrine that the morality of an action is to be judged solely by its consequences.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This entry will not go into the many issues that arise in the discussion of deontology and consequentialism here.
- But the particular kind of consequentialism in utilitarianism is, I think, unattractive.
- Pragmatism in ethics is often regarded as a form of teleology or consequentialism.
consequentialist adjetivo& sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Classic utilitarianism is consequentialist as opposed to deontological because of what it denies.
- As with many hybrid views, the deontological and consequentialist components tend to pull apart, with each threatening to subordinate the other.
- When writers describe themselves as consequentialists rather than as utilitarians, they are normally signalling that their fundamental evaluations will be in terms of not only welfare but also some other goods.
Definición de consequentialism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda