Definición de conservative en inglés:
- The rapid rise of the green movement is an example of this, because it appeals to traditional conservative values.
- Lewis was an old-fashioned Christian, and those who consider the church to be too interested in modernising see him as a hero of religious orthodoxy and conservative values.
- His parents weren't party-political, but he was certainly brought up with traditionally conservative values.
- The many suits and ties and other conservative dress worn by the crowd yesterday reflected the upscale membership of much of the organisation.
- The best advice I was always given by peers was to dress in a conservative suit with modest accessories at the interview.
- Not only are the quantities of meat large, but the fact that there are people who want to eat dried rat bat, or even monkey meat comes as a surprise to those of us whose tastes are more conservative.
- The libertarian, old conservative wing of the Republican Party has never liked this war.
- Such developments would presumably be envied by genuine libertarians in socially conservative countries - even if their taxes are lower.
- However, there is a tendency for European electorates to move to the right or left in a manner that may not be co-ordinated, but does produce clusters of conservative or Socialist governments at any one time.
- The Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties are contesting every seat.
- An important factor in this was the experience of eighteen years of Conservative government.
- At the same time we had just emerged from a long period of Conservative government.
- The number of women trafficked for this purpose is unknown, although conservative estimates put the number in the millions.
- The combat capability of such a servicemen could be compared, even by conservative estimates, to that of a modern section or even platoon.
- Those sorts of considerations are why I said $440 billion was a conservative estimate, which is admittedly a bit crazy just to say, but there it is.
- The trial randomized 1,033 patients in 27 countries to early surgery or conservative treatment.
- If conservative treatment fails, surgery to excise any bone spurs and debridement of the retrocalcaneal bursa may be helpful.
- For patients who do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery should be considered.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- They saw fascists as more patriotic and determined than traditional conservatives.
- So the claim that there are conservatives who believe in some sort of absolute liberty is a total straw man.
- The antagonism between conservatives and progressives in Korea has a long history.
- Around them stand officials and party workers from the Conservatives and Lib Dems.
- The Scottish National Party and Conservatives are expected to oppose the building.
- There has never been a coalition between the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats.
- conservative with a small ‘c’
- Said of someone who is conservative in outlook but does not necessarily vote for or support a Conservative party: I think there are a good number of teachers who are instinctively conservative with a small cMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is something conservative about much of Pixar's output, but when I say conservative, I mean a small "c" conservative.
- conservativeness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because the desire to combine conflicting data is strong in real studies, the conservativeness of the present test is unlikely to be a major concern for some.
- And similarly, if the central bank is fully under the spell of government, the conservativeness of the central bank does not matter.
- Physicists generally maintain a healthy skepticism about whatever they hear and are much less susceptible to dogmatic conservativeness than one might think.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'aiming to preserve'): from late Latin conservativus, from conservat- 'conserved', from the verb conservare (see conserve). Current senses date from the mid 19th century.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.