- A prize given to a competitor who just fails to win or who has come last: two hundred runners-up will get a consolation prize • figurative I just turned 40 and received a trip to Aspen as a consolation prizeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If the Commonwealth Games is a consolation prize after the disappointment of two failed Olympic bids, it is proving a valuable one.
- As a softheaded liberal, I even like the idea that our competitive culture has a built-in consolation prize.
- But an incredible consolation prize is waiting for a team next season.
Más definiciones de consolation prizeDefinición de consolation prize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.