Definición de consolidate en inglés:
- There he made preparations for his first attempts to consolidate purified platinum powder into a solid plug and to hammer it into a metallic ingot.
- This pore sealant both slows down corrosion of the zinc and consolidates the layer of zinc corrosion products, in order to maintain their protective effect.
- Strips of suitable length are cut, and are then beaten with a hammer in order to consolidate the substance of the hide.
- As he looks ahead to the history books, however, he seems to realize that hard power alone will not consolidate his position.
- The local club made home advantage tell and both teams secured second places, consolidating their mid-table positions.
- The acquisition forms part of the Group's strategy of category and geographic expansion of its trade division and firmly consolidates the Group's position in the South East of the country.
- The service consolidates a number of separate services that used to exist in different parts of the county.
- I feel the whole conference could have been consolidated into a single day if the tracks had been put together correctly.
- And, in time, the two technologies - Workplace Messaging and Notes - will be consolidated as a single technology.
- You can get around the cap by consolidating IRA accounts into your 401 plan if your employer allows it.
- If you have money spread around various bank deposit and building society accounts then this is as good a time as any to consolidate them into one single account.
- The new board has been instructed by cabinet to consolidate the corporation's accounts into a holding company and to settle the corporation's debts as well as its overdraft and outstanding loans.
- Most recently the Commission has made a proposal to reform and consolidate all of the legislation in one measure.
- Most of the 1875 Act was consolidated with related legislation in the Public Health Act 1936.
- The very last Major act was to consolidate the various legislation on employment rights regarding unfair dismissal, redundancy, and claims of lesser importance.
early 16th century (in the sense 'combine into a whole'): from Latin consolidare, from con- 'together' + solidare 'make firm' (from solidus 'solid').
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Under the banner of change-as-progress, there have been countless re-organisations, consolidations, combinations, and dissections of government departments.
- He said there would be savings from base closures and consolidations, but officials were unable to give figures.
- Air is expelled by thorough consolidation and the clamp is then fully sealed.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In this sense, the contest between transformers and consolidators is merely a version of the battle royal between No.10 and No.11 Downing Street - the offices of the Prime Minister and Chancellor.
- Unfortunately, many travelers steer away from consolidators and discounted tickets because they are scared they will not receive a seat, they will miss their flight and their business trip or vacation will be ruined.
- Airfare consolidators and discount travel specialists can create cheaper-than-ever globe-spanning itineraries by scouring the industry for closeout prices.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.