sustantivo (plural consortia /-tɪə, -ʃə/ or consortiums)
- 1An association, typically of several companies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It would move the commissioning of care to local authorities, giving democratic control of the health service to locally elected people, with council consortiums commissioning more complex services.
- Examples of hybrid organizations include joint ventures and consortia that maximize resources, particularly information exchange between organizations.
- This would create opportunities for Irish syndicates and consortiums.
- 2 [mass noun] Law The right of association and companionship with one’s husband or wife: the amount awarded for loss of consortium must be includedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I though I read that the cause of action was for some form of loss of consortium - of the husband, that is.
- The action for loss of consortium in a sense would become irrelevant so far as concerns husbands and wives.
- The jury also made an award to him for loss of consortium.
early 19th century (in the sense 'partnership'): from Latin, from consors 'sharing, partner' (see consort1).