Definición de conspecific en inglés:
(Of animals or plants) belonging to the same species.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are increasing concerns about the risks of gene flow from transgenic cultivars to conspecific weeds.
- However, conspecific trees at different sites may differ in the pattern of growth rate with age.
- When predators are omnivorous, prey may avoid predators that have fed on conspecific prey, but they may lack such a response if these same predators have consumed other food sources.
sustantivo(usually conspecifics) Volver al principio
A member of the same species: the rabbit was isolated from male conspecifics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Relatively little is known of P. spathula behavior towards conspecifics or members of different species.
- Thus, in this unsworded species, neither females nor males appear to prefer conspecifics of the other sex with swords to those with clear attachments.
- The size of a pair's territory and the extent to which they defend it from conspecifics depends on the species and the habitats.
- conspecificity sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Comparative genetic analysis of the viral DNA from each isolate would be required to definitively ascertain the conspecificity of these viruses.
- Although these data suggest conspecificity, we will refrain from a formal decision until further studies have been completed.
- Everywhere I looked, however, I found that morphology and reproduction were the defining criteria for conspecificity.
Definición de conspecific en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda