Definición de constructivism en inglés:
1 Art A style or movement in which assorted mechanical objects are combined into abstract mobile structural forms. The movement originated in Russia in the 1920s and has influenced many aspects of modern architecture and design.
[transliterating Russian konstruktivizm]
- In perfect synchronization with the Russian Revolutions at the beginning of the 20th century, constructivism and suprematism rose out of cubist roots to challenge the limits and the meaning of abstraction.
- Soviet architecture initially favored constructivism as shown in the administrative center of Kharkiv and then adopted a heavy neoclassicism pejoratively called totalitarian style for major urban centers.
- As he wrote in 1925, ‘With constructivism we must not think about art.’
2 Mathematics A view which admits as valid only constructive proofs and entities demonstrable by them, implying that the latter have no independent existence.
- Elementary teachers and principals researched and collaborated with university and secondary mathematics educators to understand mathematics content and develop a pedagogy grounded in constructivism.
- Brouwerian intuitionism takes a more liberal view of the matter, resulting in a considerable enrichment of the arithmetical continuum over the version offered by strict constructivism.
- A college physics teacher who used constructivism in his classroom made the following observation about similar students.
- 1 sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Design's origins in the work of expressionists, futurists, cubists and constructivists fighting against the spirit of capitalism, evolved dramatically in the work of the Bauhaus around the turn of the century.
- She admits to no influences beyond Soviet constructivists such as Melnikov.
- He was a leading British constructivist whose abstract reliefs and sculptures are cerebral but sensuous.
Definición de constructivism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan