- 1Expressing or involving prolonged thought: she regarded me with a contemplative eyeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These painted images are contemplative musings of a reflective thinker looking through veils of timelessness to honour the artistic masters of the past.
- His air is contemplative and dreamy in both self-portraits.
- In lieu of more thoughtful and contemplative reflections, I'll just present my top 5 panels.
- 1.1Involving or given to deep silent prayer or religious meditation: contemplative knowledge of GodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The daily prayer services move through themes loosely associated with the seven days of creation; each service repeatedly invites silent contemplative prayer.
- It can stimulate religions to excavate the contemplative and meditative paths in their own heritages, such as the Jewish meditation movement and Christian centering prayer.
- To my mind, the essential difference between philosophy and religion is in the religious type of contemplative act, the observer is within it, not outside it.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person whose life is devoted primarily to prayer, especially in a monastery or convent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Asked why, the rabbi responded: ‘How many of your bishops are contemplatives?’
- Father Joseph was one of the great Christian contemplatives of his century.
- And in what way can the contemplatives, religious leaders and educators of our time help to build this bridge from privatised piety to public moral responsibility.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Please don't expect here for every word to make immediate sense, I would ask you simply to close your eyes, to listen meditatively, contemplatively, to let the imagery just wash and flow over you.
- He discussed how to read prophetically, how to read contemplatively.
- Chrystyn looked at her retreating back contemplatively, her face thoughtful.