- Otherwise, you can spend much of your precious vacation time contending with the difficulties mentioned above.
- Both had to contend with the disadvantage of their sex but they dealt with it in very different ways.
- Along with dangerous health struggles, Luna finds herself contending with the legacy of shame and secrecy that surround issues of sexuality in the Latino community.
- They provided me with the best opportunity to be a competitive racer, and I never would have contended for the championship without them.
- She plans to continue competing in pageants and hopes to contend for Miss Virginia again.
- Also contending for the Cup was the Moldovan with a Bulgarian passport, who was declared the most technical boxer of the tournament.
- He contends that the arguments for having a university in the town centre are false because there isn't room.
- However, he contends that the position in so far as his client is concerned is straightforward.
- As for his constituency neglect rebuke, Francis contends that his claims still stand.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'compete for (something)'): from Old French contendre or Latin contendere, from con- 'with' + tendere 'stretch, strive'.
Palabras que riman con contendamend, append, apprehend, ascend, attend, befriend, bend, blend, blende, commend, comprehend, condescend, defriend, depend, emend, end, expend, extend, fend, forfend, friend, impend, interdepend, lend, mend, misapprehend, misspend, offend, on-trend, Oostende, Ostend, perpend, portend, rend, reprehend, scrag-end, send, spend, subtend, suspend, tail end, tend, transcend, trend, underspend, unfriend, upend, vend, weekend, wend
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.