- A statement or group of words associating incompatible objects or ideas: she has demonstrated that the term ‘student-athlete’ isn’t always a contradiction in termsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Since we do not know how to stand outside the universe - the very idea is almost a contradiction in terms - the only evidence we can use comes from within it.
- Some people might think of judgment and forgiveness as incompatible, or as a contradiction in terms.
- The idea of a real Englishman is almost a contradiction in terms, like talking about a real theme park or a real golf club.
Más definiciones de contradiction in termsDefinición de contradiction in terms en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.