Definición de contrast en inglés:
- One can further continue the associations with the contrasts of righteousness and wrongdoing, life and death and the like.
- One of the contrasts between the different Indian calendars relate to their respective religious associations.
- No typological or technological contrasts were noted between different site phases.
- Each object and even items of clothing were carefully chosen to assist in contrast, brightness and color calibration.
- Everything else was in bright color, the contrast turned up.
- Where colors meet, the contrast between them will appear more intense.
- Colors and flesh tones are strong and natural with very strong contrast and the picture shows no edge enhancement to speak of.
- It is a visually impressive film, using high contrast digital photography to make the daytime burn and the nights darker than reality.
- The picture sports gorgeous contrast that runs from sparkling whites, to inky blacks, and a myriad shades of gray in between.
- These textures appear to have been chosen, in part, as a contrast to the sonic qualities of the sampled acoustic piano.
- Walking to the station on Wednesday morning, the sky was a brilliant, vibrant blue, the grass an almost unnaturally intense green and the white blossom a stark contrast to it all.
- Richard Ashton has appeared in Jack And The Beanstalk already this year, but what a contrast to this winter's pantomime engagement at York Theatre Royal.
- The fat and salt levels in many own-brand products contrasted with those of well known brands.
- As consort she supplied the human touch that contrasted with the more austere image and personality of her husband.
- Its big plain glass windows contrasted with the dark glass of pubs which were designed to prevent people seeing in.
- The lessons in the text compare and contrast the differences between dealing with men and women.
- And then we can compare and contrast those different case study examples and look for any sorts of similarities or commonalities that come out of that.
- This gave me a chance to compare and contrast the experience of a new participant at each of these conferences.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Outside of the main entrance, a throng of reporters, all in tow with their news vans and fat cameramen, with contrastingly beautiful anchors, told the story in a myriad of different ways, but they all said the same thing.
- I discovered a certain amount of Puritanism and, contrastingly, Catholicism in me, but still a very strong belief in some of the oldest Pagan traditions of earth-worship.
- The subjects, while still legible, appear to dematerialize into pulsing waves of contrastingly colored parallel lines.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The causal-explanatory mode of reasoning makes significant use of a particular kind of explanation, namely contrastive explanation.
- After the interviewees finished, we then asked open-ended questions meant to clarify contrastive reasoning and elicit narratives.
- The author also draws on research on language attitudes, contrastive analysis of Navajo and English, and discourse strategies.
Late 17th century (as a term in fine art, in the sense 'juxtapose so as to bring out differences in form and colour'): from French contraste (noun), contraster (verb), via Italian from medieval Latin contrastare, from Latin contra- 'against' + stare 'stand'.
Palabras que riman con contrastaghast, avast, Belfast, blast, cast, caste, fast, last, mast, miscast, outlast, past, unsurpassed, vast
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.