Definición de contravene en inglés:
1Offend against the prohibition or order of (a law, treaty, or code of conduct): he contravened the Official Secrets Act
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hitler's orders completely contravened international laws, which he scorned.
- A person who contravenes a traffic regulation order, or who uses a vehicle, or causes or permits a vehicle to be used in contravention of a traffic regulation order, shall be guilty of an offence.
- It also found that the Migration Act contravened international law by barring any judicial review of detention.
1.1Conflict with (a right, principle, etc.), especially to its detriment: the Privy Council held that the prosecution contravened the rights of the individual
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They are curtailed because it is unreasonable to reach a decision which contravenes or could contravene human rights unless there are sufficiently significant countervailing considerations.
- This is because to refuse treatment would contravene the principle that people should be able to move freely to work in another EC country.
- He appeared at Leeds Crown Court on Monday claiming the move contravened his human rights.
- Example sentences
- In doing so, your Honours, we would submit, if one looks at the words of it, one sees that it is seeking to do no more than to say the contravener has to pay the amount of the loss or damage caused by the contravener's contravention.
- Avoidance deprived the contraveners of the fruits - the shares - and gave the shares back to shareholders.
Words that rhyme with contraveneAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, queen, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan