Giving rise or likely to give rise to controversy or public disagreement: years of wrangling over a controversial bypass
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pay hikes awarded to council bosses mirror the highly controversial rises in council tax.
- Ian Waugh looks at the rise of one of the country's most controversial political figures.
- The debate over the use of cannabis in medicine is controversial and emotive.
contentious, disputed, contended, at issue, moot, disputable, debatable, arguable, vexed, open to discussion/question, under discussion;
emotive, sensitive, delicate, difficult, awkward, problematic
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet neither public policymakers nor the controversialists who harass them can reasonably expect to enter a new year without making some kind of assessment of what the next 12 months may hold.
- There is something about the Hitchens family that breeds controversialists with deft pens.
- Of course I'm a professional controversialist but, once my copy is filed, I'm invariably the person at any gathering murmuring, ‘Oh, let's just agree to disagree!’
Late 16th century: from late Latin controversialis, from controversia (see controversy).
Palabras que riman con controversialcommercial, Herschel, inertial, infomercial
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: con¦tro|ver¦sial
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda